Sunday, June 1, 2014

Liebster Award Nominee


Before I get into the post, let me apologize if this is officially 'over'.  I wanted to participate but life has been crazy here.  The bit of time I have had, I've wanted to occupy it in my personal life by crafting, enjoying time with my family, working on my home, etc.  I still want to participate even if the deadline has passed.  I'm unsure of the specifics related to this award but still want to pay it forward by showing some love for online friends of mine. :)

I've never heard of this award, but what a great thing to do for those of us just starting out in the blogging community.  I am so honored.  I use my blog as a way to keep myself motivated.  I originally thought that I would get bored with the hour plus process of getting my layouts uploaded, but it actually makes me feel like I'm accomplishing my goals.  My mojo wains easily when I let it, but since starting this blog, I've managed to get so much more done with this blog, even if no one is around to read it!! ;)

I was nominated by Brandy's Lab.  Thank you so much, Brandy! Here are a few details about the award: The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community. The meaning of Liebster is German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind. pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I will begin by sharing the rules:
 
1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 10 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.

Here are my 10 random facts about myself:

1. I'm a tomboy.
2. You will see me talk about not liking pink A LOT, to the point that if you take anything away from a conversation with me, that might be the only thing you remember.
3. I'm a stay at home mom.
4. When I was pregnant with my oldest, I worried that people would assume he was adopted because my husband and I are of different races.  I just KNEW my kids weren't going to look anything like me and it turns out, my kids are closer to my skin tone than they are to my husband's.  One is his mini me and one is mine.
5. I am a very strong alpha personality.
6. I will drop just about everything and put off our to-do list for a sale on craft supplies...especially so when things pop up at stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx because it's more like a treasure hunt.
7. I am a very picky eater.
8. I don't consider myself naturally artistic and when things turn out nicely, I am usually surprised.
9. I grew up on Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill and while I'm still a fan, I really wish her music since then felt like that album.
10. My alpha personality makes me appear to be very confident, but realistically, I am incredibly shy and avoid social situations the best that I can.

Here are the questions that Brandy asked me:

1. What is your absolute favorite scrapbooking company?  That is a very hard question for me to answer because I love embellishments from other companies, but when it comes to style and taste in the papers, Echo Park Paper wins hands down.  They don't have a large variety of embellishments, yet, but I am happy that they are adding more offerings to their releases.
2. If money was no objection, where would you love to visit and why?  Ireland.  I am mostly Irish and would love to learn about my heritage.
3. What was your favorite subject in school? That's an easy one:  Math.
4. If a movie is based on a book, which do you prefer: Read the book or Watch the movie?  Movie.  There has only been one movie based off of a book I had already read (it was atrocious, I knew it would be, but my husband insisted upon me seeing it) and what I have heard others say is absolutely true.  When you read a book, you envision the characters, their environment and everything else depicted and there is no way a movie will live up to that vision, leaving too much room for dissatisfaction.
5. How long have you been scrapping?  I started scrapping in February 2011 when my oldest was 4 months old.
6. Do you like to cook? No.
7.What is your favorite genre of music? Rock.
8. Do you have any pets, and if so, what kind/how many? I have two dogs.  A beagle and her daughter, a beagle/min pin mix.
9. Which would you rather do – go back in time 100+ years, or go into the future 100+ years? Into the future.  There were too many horrible things happening 100+ years ago regarding human rights that I would not want to be a part of.
10.What was your first car?  My first car is my 2006 Honda Civic.  I love it, but with my husband's second job and our ever expanding family, after thousands of repairs beyond the value of his car we decided to trade it in for a family friendly vehicle (a van) so he now drives it.

Here are the 10 blogs that I am nominating for this award:

1. http://brettaney.blogspot.com/
2. http://craftypaperbee.blogspot.com/
3. http://heatherskraftykorner.blogspot.com/
4. http://scrapping2boys.blogspot.com/
5. http://jande14.blogspot.com/
6. http://mamasanity.blogspot.com/
7. http://about-the-paper.blogspot.com/
8. http://scrapbookingwannabe.blogspot.com/
9. http://scrappinnhappy.blogspot.com/
10. http://menemenetekeluniversity.blogspot.com/

Lastly, here are my 10 questions for those nominees:

1. Do you consider scrapping a hobby for yourself, something you do for your family or a combination of the two?  Please explain.
2. What style is your home decorated in?
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides scrapbooking?  If so, what?
4. What is your favorite ink?
5. If you had to choose one color to see for the rest of your life (furniture, clothing, roads, cars, flowers, grass, buildings, all 'stuff' would be that color) what color would you choose?
6. What is one tool you'd never give up?
7. Are you a girly girl or a tomboy?
8. Do you have a go to clothing item or pattern for yourself or your children (overalls, plaid, polka dots, etc)?
9. Do you have any allergies (pet, food, environmental)?
10.  If you have children, what type of parenting style would you say you have?

There you have it!  Again, if the deadline for this has already past, I do apologize!!  I had much of this post completed over a week and a half ago, but needed to get the final touches (including MY 10 questions) done before I could post it!  Thank you for stopping by!!

Denise

2 comments:

  1. Yay Denise! So glad you got to play along and thanks for paying it forward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome, Denise! Thank you so much for your nomination! I love this so much...we have a lot in common...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete