Monday, June 9, 2014

I {heart} Summer - Scrapbook Steals Daisy #7

 
This is the current sketch from Scrapbook Steals Mid Week Mojo.  If you'd like to check out the blog post and inspiration from this sketch, please click here to be directed to the SS blog post. It is due in just under an hour (talk about cutting it close) so there probably isn't enough time to participate in this week's sketch if you are just now seeing it for the first time, but if you complete it and the others in this series before the deadline for all ten, you could still be entered in the final prize, which is typically a $50 gift certificate to their store.  That's a pretty rockin' prize if you ask me.  As usual, I didn't go with the tilted photos, but I kept with the overall feel of the sketch.

I remember ordering this collection like it was yesterday.  I completely rearranged my order to make sure I had this collection in my shopping cart at ACOT.  Do you think I rushed to use it?  Nope!  I have had this Simple Stories collection for a year or so and this is my first time using it.  After seeing it used by someone in the gallery (I believe it was blbabe1234) I had it in the back of my mind when I sat to scrap.  I went through photos and started with last summer (this is the first real summer 2013 layout that I've done even though this was technically a few weeks before the season officially started...but with it already being in the high 90's/low 100's, it counts as summer in my book) and easily found these three together.  The last one on the bottom right will likely get it's own layout later.  It was an artsy photo that I just adore, so I'm happy to have a double to work with later.  Once I pulled the photos, I went straight for I {heart} summer from my stash and I am so happy with the results.

I used the die cut pack for my title by trimming down the 4x6 card and backing it with cloud paper and the red wood grain paper from the 6x6 paper pad.  I went a little sticker crazy as well which is something I don't usually do.  I'm in love with all of the bright happy colors here.  To the right you can see part of the banner that I added.  I didn't bother taking a close up shot of that because I didn't add anything to it.  That is a piece straight from the chipboard sticker sheet for the collection.  I added this element as a fun twist on the circle that was in the sketch.

I love, love, love how this came together.  I used a cut apart from the sn@p cards from the collection (I think that's what they are called) that already had the 'loved this' banner printed on it and then I added a ton of flat and chipboard stickers all around it and the bottom of the photo.  The balloon stickers on the far right were a last minute addition and I stuck down the right side of both with a Stampin' Up foam dimensional to add a touch of interest.  Another last minute addition was the 'summer lovin'' banner.  The diagonal paper that I used as the base for the photos had so many fun colors and I wanted to include as many as I could in little bits all over the page so that pop of darker blue helped to make that paper pop a bit more.

I took this photo to try and show the dimension that I was going for on the layout.  You can see the banner popped up in the top corner as well as all of the elements in the bottom cluster along with those balloon stickers.  You can also see the sun chipboard piece that I added between all of the photos and that was given even more dimension with a few Stampin' Up dimensionals as well.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and it gets you thinking about summer...I know it puts my mind there.  We actually just got back from this same park not too long ago and had a lot of fun (without the camera, for once).  Thank you for stopping by!

Denise

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch and SOO glad that my layout inspired YOU to scrap summer photos using this awesome Simple Stories collection!

    ReplyDelete