Monday, April 7, 2014

Your Smile Melts My Heart - Scrapbook Steals MWM Rose #8 Sketch

 I decided to attempt to put together this layout based on Scrapbook Steal's Rose #8 sketch, which can be found here, at the last minute.  There's still time to enter today if you are interested.  This is probably a record time layout for me as there is a whole process that typically goes into it for me.  The picture I used called out to me and the collection that I used matched PERFECTLY.  It seems that I may be on an Echo Park kick, too.
 Sorry for the odd lighting here.  I had great daylight earlier today, but it's already gone thanks to some overgrown bushes outside of my scrap room window.  This layout was put together using mostly Echo Park's This & That Charming collection kit and coordinating chipboard pieces, but I also have a few enamel dots from MME, Basic Grey, and Teresa Collins, some custom wood veneer from a couple of different places, and October Afternoon alphas.
 I love, love, love how this title turned out.  I am definitely starting to understand the idea of mixing alphas to make a title.  Unlike the last layout I posted, the contrast between this beautiful aqua and the dark brown is great, so there was nothing that I needed to do to bring your eye to this area of the layout.  I used minimal embellishments on this page, so to tie in the color scheme, I added a few Teresa Collins enamel dots and a chipboard sticker from one of the coordinating embellishments.  I had already added the banner veneer (in the next photo) and wanted to tie in the wood with another element besides the wood paper behind the photo, so I added a cute veneer arrow that I had in my stash.  It also goes well with the chipboard arrow I used above the title.
 I've had these custom veneer for quite some time and hadn't had a use for them and I'm glad I finally had a chance to use one.  I have my oldest's son's name on a banner as well as some other words like 'Brothers', 'Documented', 'Family', etc.  The 'BOY' banner is also from the chipboard elements (I used pieces from both the 6x12 chipboard accents sheet and the smaller layered chipboard elements sheet on this layout) and above it, I decided to use the October Afternoon alphas to add the date.  I had my date stamp out along with some white pigment ink, but the white on the page is not a pure white and I was worried that the white ink would clash with the rest of the whites.
The 'you are so special to me' chipboard sticker was the main reason for adding any yellow to this layout.  The sketch called for an element above the photo and before I even had my papers chosen, I knew I wanted to use this piece.  This element was also the reason I added the yellow paper on the far left of the photo.  I made sure to keep it spaced as far away from the sticker as I could to keep them from blending into each other.  I kept this part of the page very simple (all of the heavy elements are on the bottom) and just added a few enamel dots from a Christmas MME pack that I picked up on clearance at Michael's a few months ago.

Thanks for stopping by!

Denise

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the title too...great job on this!

    ReplyDelete