Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Santa Ate Them" - Scrapbook Steals Mid Week Mojo Rose #6

Again, I'm cutting this down to the wire, so you probably won't have too much time to enter if you want to, but you can check out this week's Mid Week Mojo sketch here.  Tomorrow starts a new week, so even if you can't get this one done by tonight, you don't have to wait too too long for a new challenge to be posted!

 I haven't had a layout come together this quickly or this perfectly in who knows how long.  I am so very happy with it.  The only thing I wasn't happy with was an easy fix.  It seems my current 'thing' is to mat my background paper onto something.  Since my journaling was dark brown, there were dark brown polka dots in the paper behind the title and some other pops of dark brown, I matted the green paper on Early Espresso cardstock from Stampin Up.  My journaling was done in the same color pen and the American Crafts date stamp was done in the same color ink.  The title for this layout is probably one of the EASIEST to decide on and it ties in perfectly with my journaling.  Basically, on Christmas morning, I pointed to the bowl of cookies and asked him what happened to them and he told me that 'Santa ate them'.  It couldn't fit more perfectly.  Just about everything here is the Noel collection from Elle's Studio.  The items that are not are the products that I already mentioned as well as the enamel dots, American Crafts Thickers, October Afternoon alphas, the 'santa was here' stickers is from a filler card in the Merry & Bright mini PL kit, and the 'milk & cookies' tag.  That tag is from an older Elle's Studio collection and was actually the jumping off point for this layout.  I decided on these two photos and then remembered that tag from the layout I did the other night and went from there. 
 I tucked the scripty October Afternoon alphas behind the title and it looks adorable.  I originally didn't have the quotes but thought they would be a nice touch since it is a quote from my toddler.
 The tree card is from a 4x6 tabbed card that is part of the collection, and I thought it would add a nice touch of white to that area, plus the grid coordinates beautifully with the journaling card.
I used a Fiskars punch to cut this circle from a Project Life card and I think it was a 2 inch punch, but I'm not 100% sure.  I also added little pops of blue to all of the clusters to pull in the paper that is sort of matting the photos and I think it's a great non traditional pop of color that really adds a bit of extra interest to the layout.

I am incredibly pleased with how easily everything came together.  It's nice to have that happen every once in a while.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Denise

1 comment: