Sunday, March 23, 2014

Christmas Morning 2013 Layout Share - PL Style

 I haven't been scrapbooking much with my Project Life supplies lately, but since I was supposed to have a friend come over so I could teach her the principles of this type of scrapbooking, I decided to start one of my own to show her rather than just flipping through layouts I had already done.  I used a couple of pieces from the December Project Life Blue Note kit from Studio Calico, but most of the pieces that I used were cards from the Merry & Bright Project Life Mini kit and older tags that I got during a big sale that Elle's Studio was having on their site sometime last summer.  There are a few Chic Tags items, HSN Project Life overlays, enamel dots, paperclips and washi thrown in for good measure.  This layout is pretty much 'what you see is what you get' but I did take close ups of most of the photos so you can see the embellishing in greater detail.
 My American Crafts precision pens are pretty hit or miss.  They either work great or they suck, but even if they work great and I write on a scratch piece of paper just before writing where I want, they are dry for the first letter, hence the extra dark G in 'Grandma'.  I decided to live with it.
 There is no particular reason for the paperclip here other than to add a bit more interest.  I lined the top and bottom of the card with my favorite washi tape ever, then added a banner from Elle's Studio and called it done.
I used one of the overlays here just to balance out the one that I used on the lower left side of the page (not photographed separately since that photo has no embellishing other than the overlay).  I stapled the banners into place and added some enamel dots for fun.
 I realized when I was almost done that this side didn't have any black embellishments, so I added a strip of the postmark washi to the bottom of this card as an after thought.
 No major embellishing here, but I wanted to illustrate how awesome washi tape is.  I finished my journaling before the end of the card and that narrow washi (bought on clearance at Michaels) was the perfect space filler.  Plus, you get to enjoy a close up of my two little guys. ;)
 This is just another simple cluster.  To keep the journaling banner from getting lonely, I snipped a piece of the 'be merry' branding strip from Lawn Fawn's most recent Christmas collection.
This was a fun card to make and it ended up being quite a bit different than the others.  I cropped the photo a tad too small (it was just a hair taller than the 4x6 card that I wanted the photo to share this pocket with) so I had to get creative.  I am very happy with the result.  Again, my journaling ended before the card's space did, so I grabbed another Elle's Studio tag and layered it over the journaling grid and the photo and popped on a couple of enamel dots.

I don't know who said that Project Life is supposed to be quick and easy, but if you are a traditional scrapper who uses this type of scrapping in any way, embellishing is a must and is actually the time consuming part.  While I have tons of cards, I don't have too many cute tags or other small embellishments that work well for this type of scrapbooking.  I am so grateful to have a little bit of Elle's Studio holiday product hiding in my stash that I can turn to when I need a little bit of extra detail and you can never go wrong with enamel dots as a finishing touch!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Denise


2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautiful! The embellishments really add...but you are right, there is nothing quick and easy if you dress up the cards. But the results are really eye catching. Great work!

    ReplyDelete