Monday, March 10, 2014

ACOT/Page Maps Sketch Challenge #62 - 10 Years

 To check out the sketch for this layout, please click here.  This layout was quite the treat for me as it is the very first time I've scrapped about my husband and I.  January 3rd, 2014 was our 10 year anniversary of when we first started dating.  We married on our 5 year anniversary, so this also marks our 5 year wedding anniversary.  It was a struggle to come up with something that I loved, but I am very pleased with the final result.  Most of this layout was created using MME's Cupid's Arrow collection, but there are a few other things thrown in the mix.  The misting is Heidi Swapp's Tinsel Color Shine, the alphas are a color resist also from Heidi Swapp, the date stamp is the same AT one that I used on the last layout I completed, the rounded corners were punched using my WRMK corner chomper (either 1/4 or 1/2 side, I don't recall which), the tag was punched using the Tag Topper punch from Stampin' Up, the vellum was also Stampin' Up and the black cardstock is just stuff that I had layout around.  Oh, and that darling flair?  That's one of my creations and it just so happened to fit perfectly on this layout.  I designed an entire love set and this was one of the samples that I had on my desk.  I keep my samples in a screw top container that some floral rocks (or whatever you want to call the colorful/shiny rocks that you are supposed to use with fake flowers) come in and I reach for it whenever I can.  I have another storage place for most of my flair, but I have to get some more magnet sheets for it.  As a matter of fact, we're going to a hardware store tonight, I might pick up more and do a blog post on my flair storage in the near future.

 I wanted to keep everything simple, so I just used a few stickers and some enamel shapes from the collection.  I bought just about everything that came with this collection because it was the first lovey dovey line released that didn't have pink thrown up on it.  It was not easy using so many of the same color heart because I struggle not to hoard those suckers!

 I really like how this title cluster turned out.  I used Stampin Up' Real Red to color the alphas and they just look darling on this paper from the 6x6 pad.  I actually opened the collection pack a little confused as to why there were only 6 papers in it.  I guess it's because of the red foiling on everything, but there are several fun designs in the 6x6 paper pad that do not come in 12x12 form, so for once, it was a good purchase decision to get it.  I typically buy them, put them away, and forget about them, but this one has gotten quite a bit of use.
Most of the vellum is covered up (much to my dismay the hearts are spread further apart than I would like, but the black was too stark on it's own) but I placed this heart veneer strategically so I could see a couple of them, even if it was just in parts.  I colored the wood piece with Hero Arts silver (beware, that silver comes off on everything, even after you've let it sit and dry for a while) and because the bottom layers were a bit too competing, I backed it with a paper from the 6x6 paper pad.  A word of caution about the silver ink, though:  I originally considered using it for my date and stamped it onto a test piece of the blue paper I ended up using and it wasn't dark enough...so I stamped it off at least a dozen times and went to try my Stampin' Up Basic Black ink and even after all of the stamping off, there was silver reside left on my ink pad.  Because I noticed right away, I was able to wipe away the shine that transferred with a paper towel, but I would definitely have thoroughly washed the stamp ahead of time if I had known it was going to do that.  That ink pad is BRAND NEW and I was not happy that the shimmer transferred like that!  In case you are wondering, that wood heart is from Michael's.  It was part of the Valentine's display, so you probably won't be able to find it now but they come out with new fun shapes (including some awesome doilies for the spring right now) every few months.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you are enjoying the content, please take a moment and follow me.  It really means a lot to me! :)

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment