Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Quick Washi Tape Storage Suggestion

Let's just jump right in, shall we?  A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I needed another storage solution for my washi tape.  I have close to (if not more than) 400 washi tapes.  I use two k-cup 3 drawer/9 row units currently and several colors are completely out of room.  Add to this the fact that washi with more than 10 meters fit a little too snugly for my comfort and washi with 10 meters on the larger than normal spools fit so snugly that you end up denting your washi (they also catch on the feet the drawers have that keep them from falling out when opened), I decided a new solution might be best.  After some looking around, I found a great option that would not only solve the problems that I mentioned, but it would also allow me to keep several dozen rolls within reach of my desk.  I decided on spring/tension rods that I managed to find in small lengths at sears.  I did a quick video here to show you what it all looks like:


If there is any desire for me to go more in depth regarding the k-cup unit, please feel free to leave a comment and I can do a quick video on that as well.

Until next time,

Denise

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for washi and how to organize a drawer. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your blog! I'm cajenkins81 from ACOT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for articles on uses and storage ideas of washi tape and I came across yours inspiring read. You indeed gave me some interesting ideas. Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete